The church is supposedly built in the 1100, and Saint Nicholas is the patron. The church consist of a Romanesque nave, which in the late Gothic period was reconstructed to its present form with the addition of a chancel, tower to the West, vestry to the North and porch to the South. A number of interesting bas reliefs have been preserved on the exterior of the Romanesque part of the church.
The Fresco paintings date back to the late Gothic period probably the year 1500.It has been established with some certainly that it was the “Wooden Clog”-painter from Gudme on Funen.
Please contact Skrøbelev Hedevej 8 or 10 for admittance to the church.