Here on the coast, in 1945 a floating dock with about 1500 Russian and French prisoners of war grounded.
The memorials concern the event that took place on 4 May 1945.
May 4th around kl. 16 grounded a floating dock next to the beach at Påø. On the dock were about 1500 Russian and French prisoners of war and their German guards. The Russian prisoners were accommodated at Rudkøbing school and the French were accommodated at Skovsgaard.